Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- Policy Objectives
- Governance Structure
- Mr Charanjit Singh, Chairman
- Mr Gurnam Singh, Member
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, the Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Act and the applicable Rules;
- To review and recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities to be undertaken by the Company;
- To formulate the CSR budget based on the CSR activities planned for each financial year;
- To monitor the Policy of the Company from time to time and submit reports to the Board in respect of the CSR activities undertaken by the Company in each financial year;
- To decide on the locations for CSR activities; and
- Any other matter as the CSR Committee may deem appropriate after approval of the Board or as may be directed by the Board from time to time.
- CSR Activities
- Eradicating hunger, poverty & malnutrition, promoting preventive health care & sanitation including contribution to the Swachh Bharat Kosh set up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation & making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education, including special education & employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly & the differently unable & livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes & hostels for women & orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centers& such other facilities for senior citizens & measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially & economically backward groups;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora & fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources & maintaining quality of soil, air & water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga;
- Protection of national heritage, art & culture including restoration of buildings & sites of historical importance & works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion & development of traditional arts & handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows & their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, sports & Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development & relief & welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities & women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions, which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects, etc
- Slum area development.
- Amendments to the Policy
This corporate social responsibility policy (“Policy”) has been framed by Blue Heaven Cosmetics Private Limited (“Company”)in accordance with the Section 135, Schedule VIIof the Companies Act, 2013 and CSR Rules issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairson February 27, 2014. The Company stands committed to the cause of improvement of the community it serves and strives to create a positive difference in the society.
The Company aims at looking beyond earning profits and endeavours to give special attention to critical social, environmental and economic needs of the underprivileged and downtrodden sections of the local community. It intends to contribute to the sustainable development of the society and protecting the planet for future generations.
The main objective of the Policy is to actively contribute towards leaving a deeper imprint on society as a whole by focusing on education, employability, environmental sustainability and animal welfare. The Policy is designed to achieve a balance between objectives of attaining corporate excellence vis-à-vis the Company’s responsibilities towards the community in which it operates.
Constitution of CSR Committee
Pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013, the Board of Directors (“Board”)hasconstituted theCorporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee. The Committee, which will report to the Board, consists of the following Directors:
The CSR committee shall hold at least one CSR Committee meeting in a financial year.
Role of CSR Committee
The total budget for the CSR projects planned for each financial year will be decided by the CSR Committee.
The Policy recognizes that corporate social responsibility is not merely compliance; it is a commitment to support initiatives that measurably improve the lives of underprivileged by one or more of the following focus areas as notified under Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014:
Explanation— For the purposes of this item, the term ‘slum area’ shall mean any area declared as such by the Central Government or any State Government or any other competent authority under any law for the time being in force.
The Board on its own and/or on the recommendation of CSR committee canamend its Policy as and when required deemed fit. Any or all provisions of the Policywould be subjected to revision/amendment in accordance with the regulations on the subjectas may be issued from relevant statutory authorities, from time to time.